For those who have amazing blonde hair, you might have noticed that it is starting to take on a bit of a bluish-green hue recently. This colour is fairly common, but it can be really annoying if you want to have a softer blonde look. Fortunately, you can attempt some simple home cures to eliminate this unattractive green colour. To know more, keep reading.
Dealing with green hair: Techniques for removing tint
Here is a list of methods for removing the green tint. It may not work for everyone, but we recommend you try them out.
- Baking Soda- Baking soda is a countless home remedy without a doubt. Impurities that cause your hair to turn green can be lifted out with this product. Water and Baking soda are all you need to make your own green hair remover. Prepare a bowl of lukewarm water and add 1 tbsp. of baking soda. If you combine the ingredients thoroughly, you should have something resembling toothpaste made of baking soda. Take a heaping spoonful of the concoction and slather it all over your green locks or wherever the colour is particularly strong. Keep it for 10 minutes and then wash it off.
- Apple Cider Vinegar- Apple cider vinegar is a mild and effective solution for removing the green hue from your hair. The vinegar will remove impurities from your hair, and also, it will give your hair a green accent as well. Let your hair soak in apple cider vinegar for two minutes. Wash out the vinegar with warm water after massaging it into your hair. Don’t use shampoo till the next day. You may need to repeat the process two or three times for optimal results. However, vinegar can cause your hair to become dry
- Tomatoes- Without resorting to damaging chemicals, tomato-based remedies can do wonders in restoring your hair’s natural colour. It is best to use tomato-based substances if you are looking for the most natural way to get rid of the green. In general, V8, ketchup, and tomato juice you may use. To carry out this approach, you just apply a product containing tomato extract to your hair and wait till 30 minutes. Later you need to wash with amild shampoo.
- Aspirin- Although it may sound bit strange, this method can be extremely effective. Put 8 or 9 aspirin tablets into a bowl of hot water and soak them.. Water doesn’t have to be boiled; just turn on your hot water faucet. Allow the aspirin tablets to dissolve for a few seconds. Allow the mixture to sit for 20 minutes, then massage it into your hair well. Then rinse out and wash with your usual shampoo.
- Lemon Juice- The green hue can also be removed using lemon juice, which you probably already have on hand. Being an acid, lemon juice can also help get rid of the pollutants that give your hair a greenish hue. You need to saturate your hair with lemon juice in order to get the benefits of lemon juice. Wait for atleast10 minutes. After waiting for 10 minutes, shampoo your hair to remove the lemon juice, then condition it completely
Therefore, the method you choose depends on what you have at home and the state of your hair. The unwelcome green hue can be eliminated using any of the aforementioned methods. If your hair turns green again in the future, you won’t need to freak out because you now know how to rapidly correct the colour of your green hair without resorting to professional assistance