Although it is 2023, beach waves remain the most sought-after hairstyle. Moreover, it is no longer just a summer-appropriate style. There’s nothing wrong with messy waves; they’ve made their way into celebrity look-books. This kind of messy elegance is always on-trend. But how can a straightener give you perfect beach waves? Let’s find out.
How to achieve beach waves hair with a straightener?
Beach waves can be achieved with a flat iron by following a few steps.
- Ensure your hair is prepped- The first and most important step is to blow dry your hair fully before applying heat protectant. When you use heated styling equipment, the heat protectant forms a barrier that shields your hair from the heat to the greatest extent feasible. Don’t skip this step if you want to prevent damage to your hair! You can keep your hair hydrated during styling by using hair oil as well.
- Comb your hair- Remove any tangles in your hair by brushing it. Knots will make it difficult for you to move your hair through the flat iron. Ensure you wash your hair before or during styling with shampoo and conditioner. Try using a hair mask after each step of your washing regimen to provide your hair with additional moisture and care.
- Part your hair in different sections-Make small sections of your hair and flat iron them evenly. If you have thick hair, separating it into two layers may simplify curling it. The last step is to rotate the straightener around your hair while holding your hair in place.
- Put the straightener on the hair section and clamp it – Take a portion of hair about an inch and a half to two inches wide from right around your face and gather it. Place a 1-inch broad flat iron over the portion and clamp it toward the roots. Leave around 3 inches of hair unbraided and secure the rest with a knot.
- The rest of your hair should be pulled down as you rotate the iron upwards. Rotate the iron upwards toward your roots while holding it clamped shut. Pull the section straight down by gathering the end with your other hand. Wait a few seconds before moving the iron.
- Move the straightener downwards, clamp it, and turn it clockwise. The iron should now be unclamped and moved down a few inches until it reaches the next section that is still unstraightened. The iron should be clamped over the section and rotated toward your jaw. Hold your hair up in that position for a few seconds.
- The process should be repeated until your hair reaches its end. Try creating a beach wave by rotating back and forth with your hand. You can leave the bottom two to three inches untouched for an even more natural appearance.
- Comb your hair only after it has cooled. A wide-toothed comb or your fingers will work well for this. Avoid using a hairbrush since doing so may cause excessive curl smoothing, leading to frizziness.
- Use hairspray to fix your hairstyle-Adding a styling cream will give you more definition. You can also use dry shampoo to add structure and remove grease from your hair. It will also look more authentic and beachy if you spray it with sea salt or beach spray.
With a flat iron, you can easily create beach waves with a straightener. Getting lovely waves in your hair is as simple as following the abovementioned method.