Are you looking for the fruits that start with V? Then, you have landed in the right place. From A-Z, you can find fruits staring with each and every alphabet. Fruits are undoubtedly an important part of our diet; their rich nutritious benefits help us in staying healthy. Whether you are a fitness enthusiast or a foodie, fruits are favored by everyone. Their plump taste makes them a great choice for you as they blend health and satisfaction together.
Combining nutrition and taste, fruits make a perfect snack item. Doctors and nutritionists all over the world recommend daily consumption of fruits. They are rich in vitamins and minerals, hence a good source of your daily nutrition.
Their dietary value is the sole reason our ancestors preferred consuming fruits as their primary meal. It is not stupefying that the early gatherers depended on fruits for their daily boost of fiber. You can understand the importance of fruits by observing its world-wide popularity.
And unlike unhealthy popular foods, fruits will help you in different ways. If you want to stay hydrated, fruits are the best source of additional water. For staying physically active, you can consume small portion of fruits after every heavy meal. The dietary fiber present in fruits will also help your digestion and overall health. Today, in this post I will show you 13 Fruits That Start With a V.
Benefits of eating fruits:
As we have already discussed, fruits are a great source of nutrition. You will never find anything with better nutritional components than fruits and vegetables. You might often find your doctors prescribing you vitamin tablets, why not consume fruits regularly instead? We have listed top 10 benefits of eating fruits regularly, let us have a look:
- Fruits and vegetables are rich in Vitamin A, B, C and E. They also have other highly valuable minerals like phosphorus, zinc, potassium and folic acid. Fruits like avocados and bananas will help enrich your diet.
- We love to include all the types of flavors in our daily food routine. What can enhance your taste better than fruits? Be it sweet or sour, there are varieties of fruits that can meet your need. For example, you can fulfill your sweet craving with mango and tangy longing with grapes.
- One of the most important features of fruits is that they are the richest source of dietary fibers. Treat your appetite and boost your digestive health by including the fiber rich fruits in your daily routine. Pears, berries, pumpkins and apples are the best option if you want to have a high-fiber diet.
- Want to feel full but don’t want gain additional weight? Replace your bowl of cheerios with a bowl of fruits. Calorie and fat are the leading cause of unhealthy weight gain. Since fruits are low-calorie and low-fat, you can easily save yourself from the constant worry of your body weight. Afterall, fixing your hunger with a healthy diet is indeed a great option.
- Protect yourself from the potential risk of deadly diseases like cancer by consuming fruits every day. Phytochemicals are plant-based chemicals that can help in protecting you from various diseases. With regular consumption of fruits, you can fight the chances of getting heart diseases, stroke, type 2 diabetes, cancer and high blood pressure.
- Another healthy part of the composition of fruits is that they are low in saturated fat, sugar and salt. Fat, salt and sugar are important for your health; however, their excessive consumption can affect your overall health. With fruits, you can offer your body everything it needs without jeopardizing its wellbeing. They can also lower your body’s cholesterol levels and blood pressure while decreasing every sort of inflammation.
- Another wonderful nutritional fact of fruits is that they are very low on sodium. Excessive consumption of sodium can increase your blood pressure, posing a risk of stroke or a heart attack. Fruits also do not have cholesterol, meaning that you will have a healthy heart. With the elimination of two biggest threats of illness, you can live a longer and healthier life.
- We definitely struggle with finding fresh food in order to obtain the best nutritious benefits from them. In the case of fruits, we can easily get rid of this problem. Be it fresh, canned, dried or frozen, fruits do not lose their value. There is not much difference between dehydrated and fresh fruits, meaning that you can easily consume the best without compromising.
- When in hurry, we all wish to grab a portion of our food with us. But it is not always an easy task, considering the problem of carrying the food. Most of the snacks like granola bars require you carrying them in packages. Fruits, however do not require any additional packing. You can grab an apple on your way and wash it before eating.
- Last but not the least, we can never get over smoothies. If you want to have a refreshing drink but do not want to hamper your health, the best option is making a smoothie. With good taste and healthy ingredients, smoothies are your best option of beverages. Be it a banana or a strawberry smoothie, you can sooth your thirst and craving all together.
List of the fruits that start with V
All the benefits of fruits can easily compel you to try all the different types of fruits. However, sometimes we tend to overlook a lot of the fruits and concentrate on the popular ones. It might be astonishing to you but there is at least one fruit starting with all the English alphabets.
Here, we have listed all the fruits whose name start with V. Let us go through them:
01. Valencia Orange
Popular for being extremely sweet, Valencia Orange is perfect for you if you prefer sweet citrus. Most of the companies obtain their orange juice from Valencia oranges. Their special feature is that they are the only oranges that are cultivated during the summer. You are in for a sweet, juicy and healthy treat if you choose to give Valencia oranges a try.
02. Valencia Pride Mango
Popular for their faster pace of going, Valencia Pride Mangoes are sweet and delightful. They originate from Florida and are regarded as the fastest growing late season mangoes there. A little red in the exterior, these mangoes are aromatic, sweet and fibreless. If you want to take a break from your regular mangoes, they are perfect to try.
03. Van Dyke Mango
Another great treat from Florida, Van Dyke Mangoes are an excellent choice for you if you prefer less fiber. They are named after Madeline Van Dyke, the first person to cultivate them in the 1930s. These yellow from interior mangoes will surely be a delight to your sweet tooth.
04. Vaccarese Grape
Falling under the category of grapes, Vaccarese grapes is one of the rarest. These dark blue grapes are rich in vitamin C and they will definitely release unhealthy toxins from your body. Originating from France, vaccarese grapes are famous because they make excellent wine. Many big wine brands use vaccarese to make the perfect red wine.
We all are equipped with the knowledge of vanilla being an expensive and popular spice. However, a lot of us do not know that vanilla is the only member the orchid-family that can bear a fruit. You may find it amusing that vanilla plant grows long and thin fruits.
06. Velvet Apple
Often mistaken for peach, velvet apples are covered in a velvety cover. They are light red apples, grown in tropical forests. You will definitely find them very sweet and juicy.
07. Velvet Tamarind
Originating from Africa, these grape-sized velvet covered tamarinds are something you should give a try. They are inedible and hard from the exterior so make sure to crack them before eating. You can consume the raw pulp or turn them into a juice.
08. Vernaccia Grape
Vernaccia grapes are another rare to find category of grapes. The originate from Italy and are popular for their aroma and taste. You might already know that lot of vineyards grow them because they make outstanding white wine.
09. Vespolina Grape
Indigenous to Piedmont, Vespolina garpes are popular for their contribution in the making of red wine. You can find their presence in a lot of the red wines.
10. Vicar of Wrinklefield Pear
Popular for being a baking and cooking ingredient, the English pear is something you must try. They are sweet and nutritious, making them suitable for everyone.
11. Victoria Plum
As its name suggests, Victoria Plum is native to England. Its red and yellow flesh will amaze your taste buds.
12. Voa Vanga
Popular in some of the African countries, Voa Vanga is another type of tamarind. You may know them as the Spanish tamarind of the Indies.
13. Volkamer Lemon
A sour citrus fruit, Volkamer Lemon is a hybrid of sour oranges and lemons. Although quite acidic, you will love it for its beautiful aroma.
We have listed all the fruits with the letter v. You should immediately go and try the uncommon yet addictive fruits. Switch to a healthier lifestyle with the regular consumption of fruits and live a fit life.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Velvet apple is one of the most popular v named fruits.
Yes, regular consumption of fruits is very healthy.
A survey has concluded that banana is the most popular fruit.
Apples are regarded as the healthiest fruits.
Durian is a fruit that starts with a D.