If you are looking for Black acrylic nails, then you have landed to the right place. Through this article, I will try to introduce you to some of the most trendy Black acrylic nails. Then, you are in the right place. Acrylic nails have always been around and thanks to the recent trends on Tiktok, Instagram, Facebook, and other social media sites you can experience a resurgence in this trend. All famous celebrities and influences sport these nails that are not only beautiful but also make a style statement.
In this post, I talk about acrylic nails and the latest trends that have caught my eye. Though I recommend people to visit a professional to get their nail acrylics done especially if they are a beginner but today I want to discuss getting nail acrylics at home. So, if you have always wanted nail acrylics keep reading my post!
Black acrylic nails – The latest trend
The trend that has caught my attention recently is black acrylic nails. Black is a beautiful color and is considered a classic. When the same color is added to nail acrylics and designed with different patterns and colors you get a trend that doesn’t stop. This style has taken the beauty world by storm and everyone is sporting these kinds of nails. I have listed some of my favorite styles.
01. Black and white acrylic nails give a beautiful vibe. The designs on these nails give a 3d effect and have a mesmerizing look. They confuse and surprise the onlookers giving you a mysterious appeal. Many of the designs mimic mosaic tiles and are very beautiful to look at.
02. If this is not something you prefer then you can go for simple black acrylic nails. Also called the black mani the acrylic nails are painted chic glossy black. These nails are easy to wear and will suit any occasion or outfit. The length of the nail acrylics can be decided by you.
03. You can even go for short black acrylic nails. There is no dearth of short acrylic nails and when these nails are painted black the look they give to their wearer is unparalleled and unmatched. Just like the long acrylic nails, these nails can be worn on any occasion with any outfit. These nails can even be worn in formal settings and give off a professional vibe.
04. If you are bored by just black nails then you can jazz up your nail acrylics with Rhinestones. The accent nail can be decorated with shiny Rhinestones that come in silver and gold. This will glamourize your look and make you look more fashionable. Depending on the number of Rhinestones you add this look can be carried off in a formal setting as well as at a party.
05. Have you tried combining black with other colors, especially gold? This creates a beautiful look and has scope for a lot of designs and patterns. Just like black and white, black and gold acrylic nails go well together and this combination can also be jazzed up with some Rhinestones. You can alternate your fingers with glossy black nail polish and a black matte finish.
06. Another trendy look is, where you combine black acrylic nails with the French manicure. Everyone’s favorite French manicure can be combined with black acrylic tips giving off a very classy look and feel. All of your nails are painted in nude colors or you can choose white and each nail tip is painted black. This looks chic and stylish despite being minimal.
07. Black coffin acrylic nails can come in a matte finish or a gel finish but I can assure you both look absolutely bewitching. These stunning acrylic nails come as a set and are very beautiful. They make the wearer look sophisticated and when you wear finger rings your Black coffin acrylic nails glamourize the whole look.
08. Combining black with other colors is common but when combining it with colors you hadn’t thought of previously it looks truly mesmerizing. Pink is one such color. Pink can be combined with black on accent nails and the remaining nails can be painted black. The accent nails can be further designed with pink glittering stripes. This look goes best with a black matte finish.
09. Have you heard of clear acrylic nails? What happens when these nails are combined with black? You get a truly mesmerizing look! You can opt for clear acrylic nails with black patterns on them and wear them on alternate fingers. For the remaining fingers, you can wear black matte acrylic nails. This look is very hypnotizing and confusing at the same time. It will give you a trendy look and certainly make heads turn.
10. If you have always wanted to glitter up your look then you can achieve it by adding glitter to your black acrylic nails. You can buy glitter acrylic nails. These acrylic nails come with a twist. They are sparkly on the front but the back of your nails are glittery red. This is a quirky idea making the black acrylic nails stylish. The same can be replicated with a black matte finish.
From reading the styles I have listed above (they are not exhaustive) if you are inspired to get black acrylic nails then I have also talked about how you can get them done at home. It’s not always possible for us to go to the nail salon and get acrylic nails, hence I have shed light on this area as well.
How to get black acrylic done nails at home?
Acrylic nails when done at home or the salon have their pros and cons and you need to take extra precautions when removing acrylic nails. Doing your own acrylic nails at home is a skill worth pursuing and is not very difficult.
- First, you need to purchase an acrylic nail kit. Look for nail kits that have tips made from EMA (ethyl methacrylate) which are safe instead of MMA (methyl methacrylate) which are tough and inflexible. You will also need nail clippers, a nail file, an acrylic nail dehydrator, an acrylic nail primer, a brush and a bowl for mixing.
- Remove any old nail polish thoroughly. You must have clean nails when you wear your nail acrylics. Next, push your cuticles back gently. Do not soak your nails for this because once your nails dry they will contract and your acrylic nails will pop off.
- Then cut your nails and gently file them so that there are no snags in your nails. Your nails must be even and smooth so that the acrylic nails will have something to grip on. Don’t cut your nails too deeply and just cut till the nail line.
- Depending on the kit that you buy online or in stores you will get acrylic nails of different sizes and colours including black as well. You need to find the size that fits your nails well. Once you have purchased your acrylic tips you need to apply them one fingernail at a time. For beginners, I would recommend buying the clear acrylic tips first.
- Then apply a dot of glue and press the acrylic nail tip onto your natural nails. Do this one at a time. Apply pressure on each of your nails so that the tips stick to your nails well.
- You can bring the nail tips to the correct size by clipping them or by filing them to your desired shape. If you want black coffin nails then you just need to clip the edge of your tips and make it straight and smooth with a nail file.
- Now that you have your nail tips shaped in the way you want them, apply a coat of acrylic nail dehydrator. This is necessary because it removes the moisture present in your nails that would prevent the acrylic nails from sticking to your natural nails. Paint all your nails from the cuticle to the acrylic tips.
- Then take your brush and dip it into the bowl of monomer and tap on side of the bowl to remove the extra monomer and then dip it into the clear powder. Apply smooth strokes from the cuticle to the edge of acrylic tips and brush off the excess product when necessary so that it doesn’t clump on your nail. Do this to all your nails.
- Once done with this step then add the black acrylic powder on top of the smooth base. If you want a matte finish then this is the last step but if you want a glossy finish then you need a clear acrylic mixture on top to get a shiny look. Add a thin layer only.
- Let your acrylic nails dry and remember acrylic nails are sensitive to temperature. Acrylic nails tend to dry faster at warm temperatures. So, if you are a beginner sit in a cooler room as this will give you enough time to perfect your acrylic nails before it dries. You can tell if your acrylic nails are dry by gently tapping them. If you hear a clicking sound then you are good to go.
- Finally, finish off this process with some shaping. Perfect the edges of your nail tips. Do not attempt to remove your acrylic nails. Wrap acetone soaked cotton pads on all your fingernails with foil. Gently soak your nails in the acetone for 10–15 minutes. Once you remove the foil your black acrylic nails are done!
I hope the steps I have explained above helps you in getting beautiful black acrylic nails at home. This process takes some skill and experience and if you go wrong the first time don’t worry about it. With enough practice, you will be donning beautiful acrylic nails in no time.
Acrylic nails are very beautiful and are a boon to people who can’t grow their nails very long. You have the option of getting them done at home or at a nail salon. You can buy an acrylic nail set online or in beauty stores or shop for your nail set/ supplies separately. But be careful when mixing the monomers and always sit in a well-ventilated room.
Acrylic nails are not only beautiful but they can be customized however you want. Some many trendy designs and patterns give off the vibe you are going for. The sky is the limit when it comes to acrylic nails designs and colors. I hope my post on black acrylic nails was informative. Do try a design of your choice at home.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the dos and don’ts of acrylic nails?
Don’t expose your acrylic nails to harsh chemicals especially bleach
Do wear rubber gloves while cleaning utensils and for general housekeeping
Don’t bite your nails while wearing acrylic nails as you will damage them.
Can I do general cleaning if I wear acrylic nails?
Does wearing nail acrylics ruin nails?
How many times should I fill my acrylic nails?
Why do my nails get thin after removing nail acrylics?
Can I change the color of my acrylics when I get a fill-in?