If you are looking for a Washing machine for king size comforter, then, you have landed at the right place. Through this post, I will try to guide you on how to select the best Washing machine for king size comforter. There was a time when washing comforters was time-consuming and tiring with a lot of mess and excessive water use.
Those days are over now! With advanced high-end technologies, now washing machines can wash comforters, duvets, and pillows more efficiently and with less water. I understand that it’s difficult for a customer to research the benefits and drawbacks of each product to choose the right one. Thus, I have simplified the process for you. After reviewing and comparing dozens of modern washing machines with large capacities, I have shortlisted some of the best washing machine for king size comforter to buy.
The king-size comforter is becoming increasingly popular because it offers a luxury feel even for un king-size beds. Since they are large and heavy, they are challenging to clean and do not easily fit in a standard washer. But nowadays, the new generation of washing machines is equipped with larger capacities, eliminating the need to wash king-sized comforters at the laundromat. Keep reading!
List of some of the best washing machine for king size comforter
The below-listed washing machines have been carefully selected by my team for washing heavy loads and comforters. Take a deep breath, relax and keep scrolling!
01. LG WM8100HVA 5.2 cu. ft. Mega Capacity TurboWash Washing machine for king size comforter
This LG washer has 5.2 cubic feet of capacity, which is ideal for washing comforters. Heavy blankets can be washed in this machine with ease. Aside from its perfect capacity, the LG washer has many high-end features that you will find helpful in your home, thanks to LG’s commitment to developing high-tech products.
- This machine offers 14 different wash programs.
- The washer has an integrated pause button that enables you to open the washer door and add more clothes if you wish to.
- Steam and TurboWash technology are used in this machine
- It features 4 tray dispensers and 4 portable and adjustable legs
- The motor is covered by a 10-year warranty
02. GE GFW850SPNRS 28″ Smart Front Load Washing machine for king size comforter
With its high-quality washers, GE has become one of the most popular washer brands over the last few years. This GE washer is laudable on every level, from its price to its features. As one of the few high-end washers that provide excellent service, this GE washer is a real coup for you.
- The washer includes an OdorBlock system that prevents odours by removing excess moisture.
- You can wash very quickly with the quick wash cycle
- The product is equipped with Dynamic balancing technology and Microban antimicrobial technology.
- The machine is equipped with Wi-Fi features.
03. Samsung WA50R5400AV 5.0 cu. ft. Black Stainless Top Load Washer
With a 28″ top-loading design and 5.0 cu. feet of capacity, this washing machine is of great value. Also, the stainless steel looks fantastic in a black finish. With this washer, pretreating your king comforter’s fabric is easy with the built-in faucet if you have stubborn stains.
- The wash cycle has 12 settings, five temperature settings, and eight options for washing.
- There are 10 pre-set cycles available, which is really great.
- In addition to its low power consumption, this washer is Energy Star certified for environmental and economic benefits.
- Drum residues are kept at bay with the Self Clean cycle.
04. Electrolux 27 Inch Front Load Washer
Stains can be removed more effectively and efficiently in this washing machine. Display layouts that utilize the entire panel contribute to the overall attractive appearance. This machine has a digital panel that shows how long it will take to complete a cycle on the control knob.
- It has an inbuilt heater
- There is a 1200 RPM spin speed on this product
- It offers 21 different wash programs,
- Digital inverter technology is used in this product.
- It has drum clean technology, making it easy to maintain.
05. LG WT7800CV 5.5 cu.ft. Graphite Smart wi-fi Enabled Top Load Washer
SmartDiagnosis, SmartThinQ, Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant are some features of this LG top-load washer. This LG washer has a lot of wash cycles, and its capacity makes it a great choice for bedding washing.
- A large amount of time can be saved by using TurboWash technology.
- If you connect your LG SmartThinQ app to your phone, you will receive real-time notifications.
- Another great feature is that you can operate the machine from your smartphone.
- Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa can also help you manage and control your laundry with voice commands.
06. Kenmore 28″ Top-Load Washer with Triple Action Agitator
Every laundry area can accommodate this washer. Even stubborn and difficult stains on clothes and comforters can be removed using the device’s five different temperatures.
- A self-locking top prevents the washer from spinning at high speeds, causing your clothes to not harm.
- A custom clean, it includes 12 wash cycles.
- Even protein stains such as chocolate and blood can be removed with the classic agitating method.
- With the washer, you can choose from five different temperatures for washing.
07. KoolMore FLW-5CWH 27″ Front Load X-Large 4.5 Cu. Ft Machine with Quiet Inverter Motor
Large 4.5 Cu. Ft Machine-KoolMore’s washing machine is a stylish and efficient machine you won’t regret buying. A generous 4.5 cubic feet of capacity and a 30-minute Super Speed cycle make it an ideal choice for washing large loads.
- A quiet inverter motor powers this product
- There are 12 washing cycles in this front-loading washing machine
- A 20-minute quick wash with steam and water is available, as well as simple steam and water plus feature
- To customize your laundry washing experience, it runs at a maximum spin speed of 1400 RPM.
- You have the option to customize your favourite cycle schedule, and it will automatically be selected for future quick washes thanks to the innovative “My Cycle” feature.
08. SAMSUNG 6.0 Cu Ft. Smart Dial Front Load Washer
Large families will appreciate this dual washing machine from Samsung, which has a total capacity of 6 cubic feet. In addition to its sizeable 6-cubic-foot drum, the Samsung has a small 1-cubic-foot washer on top that is separately controlled.
- Powered by AI, the Smart Dial instantly learns your favourite mode and recommends the proper cycle for your wash and dryer cycle.
- Each load can also be washed with a different cycle, setting, and option to maintain the quality of all your clothes and fabrics.
- A whole load can be washed in just 30 minutes with full performance.
- An additional Super Speed Dryer does complete washing and drying quick and easy.
Things to consider while purchasing a washing machine for king size comforter: Buyers’ guide
It is more difficult to upgrade the washing machine today than it was ten years ago, as there are many things you need to consider. Now with the development of new technologies, you can see many advanced features in washing machines to dry clothes faster and save energy and time. Always consider these important points while purchasing a washing machine for king size comforter.
- The right size- Take note that a full-sized washer can be 23 to 28-plus inches wide, so always measure your space carefully. Additionally, you must consider how much space is required to open the door without hitting the wall. Front-loaders with stackable dryers are the best choice for narrow laundry spaces.
- Level of noise- You should reinforce the flooring in the laundry room if it is located on the house’s upper floors. It is better to keep larger units in basements if you can. To reduce the noise level during the spin cycle, you might consider a quieter unit with low vibration.
- Dimensions of the tub- You may want to consider purchasing a washer with a larger tub size if you wash comforters in the washer. Tubs usually range in size from 2.45 cubic feet to 5.6 cubic feet. Unlike traditional washing machines, the front loader does not have a central agitator, resulting in a larger capacity.
- Budget- The best option for those on a tight budget who need a washer that can handle an oversized load is to skip the fancy features and trendy colours and opt for a washer with a big capacity. If you choose a white model over a colourful one, you will save up to $200. Even though top-loaders are more affordable, energy consumption is more than front-loaders, so always consider these factors before buying one
- An energy-efficient design- Our recommendation for the best washers for comforters is to opt for front-loading units if you wish to save on water and electricity bills. Unlike top loaders, a front load washer doesn’t require complete filling before running a wash cycle or a rinse cycle. The utility bills can also be reduced by up to 25%.
- Steam functionality- It is recommended to buy a front loader washer if you have children and pets at home. A special stain remover is usually available as part of these units and a pre-soaking cycle or steam cleaning option. Mixing hot and cold water is also an option for quickly dissolving detergent.
- The fabric is of delicate quality- Buy a washer without an agitator if you are worried about soft fabrics. You can also look for other features, including adjustable spin speeds, stain removal cycles, and sanitizing cycles.
Here are some tips for washing your comforter
- Before washing the comforter, carefully read the label and care instructions. Don’t try to wash your comforter in a machine if the care instructions state that it should be dry cleaned only.
- The king-size comforter takes up most of the available space in the washer, so don’t put anything else in there when cleaning it.
- Before washing a yellowed comforter, soak it for five minutes in a bleach solution mixed with two gallons of cold water.
- Use an extremely mild detergent and avoid harsh detergents and chemical odours when washing comforters.
- Warm or lukewarm water is suggested for washing comforters to remove germs and bacteria and sanitize them.
- Bedding items and comforters should always be washed on a delicate cycle. Do not use an iron when drying clothes in a dryer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Are there any washing machines that can handle king-size comforters?
Comforters can be cleaned by washers with a capacity greater than 4.0 cubic feet as long as the machine manufacturer has given the green signal.
Does comforter fabric damage washers?
Yes, it is possible if you use a small washer. If your home lacks a large-capacity washing machine, I suggest you head to a laundromat.
Is it possible to wash goose-down comforters in washers?
If you ensure the settings are correct, you may do so. Use a gentle or delicate cycle in the washer with warm water whenever possible. If the comforter has any extra detergent, run a different rinse cycle.
Do I need to use a special detergent for cleaning comforters?
To clean the comforters, I recommend using a mild liquid detergent. Please see if there are any predetermined washing instructions on the label. The fluffiness of your comforters can be compromised by using a fabric softener, so avoid using it.
What is the recommended frequency of cleaning your comforter?
You shouldn’t have to clean your comforter more than twice a year unless you spill something on it or your pets makes it dirty. For fluffy results, tumble dry the comforter with tennis balls using the hot drying setting.
There is a misconception that comforters cannot be cleaned in your home. But the truth is that you can always clean your comforters easily in your laundry room if you follow the proper methods and take the necessary steps. I have established the list of some of the Washing machine for king size comforter because people have complained about the difficulty of cleaning their comforters at home, hence our recommendation for a large-capacity washer. Thank you for reading this blog. Have a great day!