According to statistics, a burglary occurs every 30 seconds in the UK, and 45% of these occur in empty homes. More than 250,000 burglaries occurred in the summer of 2019 when people left their homes vacant and unsecured while on vacation. Usually, most of us like to get a little fresh air during the day by leaving a window open. But it can be dangerous sometimes if a robbery takes place. Thus, always ensure your home is secured this summer by installing an outdoor security light with a camera so that you don’t become one of the unfortunate people whose home was robbed.
You might enjoy a little peace of mind this summer if you invest in one of the best outdoor security lights with a camera. You can monitor your house by keeping your tabs and get instant alerts when something suspicious happens. Whether it’s daytime or night-time, the best security cameras provide you with crystal clear video. In addition to requiring a power source, some outdoor security cameras can also operate on battery power and are easier to install. Today, in this post I will try to guide you to select the best outdoor security light with camera.
What exactly are Outdoor Security Cameras?
An outdoor security camera is an essential security device that can record and capture all the criminal activities around your home. These devices often include a two-way talk feature, HD resolution, and night vision. These security cameras are usually able to withstand extreme temperatures, and they come in both wired and wireless varieties. After experimenting with lots of outdoor security cameras, I have learned they are not only helpful in capturing criminal activity, but they prevent it from happening! Yes, you heard it right. These cameras include sirens and motion-activated floodlights to prevent trespassers from accessing the property. Moreover, most security cameras include infrared night vision, with crisp recordings in all kinds of lighting.
Outdoor Security Lights with Cameras: Why You Should Install One?
There are several significant benefits of having an outdoor security light with a camera, whether you choose a complete security package or simply want one for peace of mind.
- Security- The main reason for installing outdoor security lights with cameras is to improve your home’s security. You can watch what’s happening outside your home anytime with lighting and motion-activated video recording.
- Prevention of Crime- To prevent crime, cameras should be installed. To prevent crime, motion-activated lighting should be installed. Integrating them into an integrated system helps prevent intruders from targeting your home by ensuring they work in sync.
- Deterrence of intrusions- There is many products on the market that have loud warning sirens, like those we have listed here. A motion sensor or an app can be used to trigger them automatically. The sound of an audible warning will likely change the mind of an intruder targeting your home with ill intent.
- Watch over your home- Having peace of mind about the safety of your home goes beyond security. You can feel peace of mind knowing that your pets and family are safe at any moment by being able to check at any time.
List of some of the best outdoor security lights with camera
We tested a dozen wired and wireless outdoor security cameras for a month to determine which would work best for you. These 10 best outdoor security light with camera, which I have listed here, suit the security system and smart home setup, no matter what you choose to prefer, the simplicity of a battery-powered camera, or the dependability of a wired connection. So, keep scrolling!
01. Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Plus with motion
Featuring two lights and a handy intelligent security camera, the Ring Floodlight Cam is perfect for those looking for more than floodlights to enhance their home security. Your home will be better protected since you can monitor it from anywhere.
- The camera features 1080p HD and two-way communication
- It comes with a security siren and LED motion-activated floodlights.
- Wi-Fi connectivity and customizable motion zones are included
- Live View, real-time notifications, and other standard features are included
02. Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera
Aside from its 2K resolution and color night vision, this security camera provides excellent detail visibility. Security cameras sometimes suffer from the fish-eye effect and distortion due to automatic image correction. However, this isn’t the case with these cameras, as it features a zoom of up to 12x without sacrificing quality.
- It supports Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, and Samsung SmartThings, as well as many other leading innovative home platforms.
- Live camera feeds can be viewed on the Arlo app, and sirens can be manually activated.
- A micro USB charger is included with the battery.
- No base station is required. It connects directly to Wi-Fi which is an excellent feature.
03. Google Nest Cam with Floodlight
The Nest Cam with Floodlight (wired) combines the excellent Nest Cam (wired) with two powerful floodlights. The camera comes with a three-hour backup in case the Internet connection fails. A pair of dimmable LEDs flank each other, giving out 2400 lumens.
- This product is resistant to weather
- There is a 130-degree field of View.
- This security camera can be monitored 24/7 by the Google Home app.
04. eufy Security Floodlight Cam 2 Pro
The Eufy Floodlight Camera’s motion detection distinguishes between animals and humans, one of the few features of most floodlight cameras. The product has undergone rigorous testing to ensure that it is waterproof, corrosion-resistant, frost-resistant, and durable for outdoor use.
- There is an internal memory of 4GB in the camera.
- A subscription to Eufy’s Cloud storage is available for a fee.
- Video can be deleted or saved via smartphones.
- It automatically adjusts the brightness and color temperature of spotlights according to the sunrise and sunset times.
05. Blink Outdoor 3rd Gen + Floodlight
Blink offers a variety of home security products. They are easy to customize, install, and surround you with peace of mind. This Blink Outdoor Floodlight is perfect for lighting and monitoring outdoor spaces.
- The camera can record and view live video in 1080p
- Using the Blink Home Monitor app, you can customize its motion-detection capabilities.
- You can view live videos and receive alerts using the Alexa app.
06. eufy Security Floodlight Camera
This camera is engineered with three floodlight heads. It gives off up to 2500 lumens, making it one of the bright floodlight cameras on the market at the lowest price.
- The wide-angle view lets you see the entire image while streaming in full 1080p HD.
- It comes with a quick connect mounting plate for easy installation.
- The light head is adjustable and has an optical lens for good light
- There are two sidelights for side area lighting and a middle spotlight for long-distance illumination
07. Swann Floodlight Security Camera w/Dimmable Motion Lighting
This product ensures that burglars and other threats won’t target your property easily. Additionally, the camera offers a 125-degree field of View. Thus, you won’t miss a thing because it covers much of its surroundings.
- The app allows you to turn the loud siren manually or trigger it automatically.
- Intruders’ faces and license plates are easily visible with 1080P Full HD video.
- A durable and high-quality body that withstands all weather conditions
08. Lorex 1080p Wi-Fi Dual Floodlight Camera
With the Motion Detection Technology built into this device, you can expect that when something or someone is detected within the mentioned range, the camera will start recording. Furthermore, the LED security light activates bright LED lights when the camera is activated, illuminating and capturing the motion source.
- Supports two-way communication with built-in speakers and microphones.
- Camera and LED lights are automatically turned on when motion is detected
- Using your connected device, you can live-view videos anywhere and anytime.
09. Security Camera Outdoor by Netatmo
It comes in both a siren-equipped and a siren-free version, making it one of the most attractive cameras on this list. Those concerned only with privacy can install this floodlight camera around their home without compromising quality.
- It includes Home Kit Secure Video and Apple Home Kit
- It supports Alexa, Google, and Apple Home Kit and offers free video storage
- Aluminum is used for the construction of the model, thus giving it an incredibly stylish appearance
10. Foscam 2.4G/5GHz WiFi Floodlight Camera with Siren Alarm
You can view live and recorded images with Foscam security cameras with excellent 2K resolution. You can add surveillance to your security by using this security camera outdoors. Additionally, the Foscam App allows you to adjust brightness from 0 to 100%
- Works with Google Assistant and Alexa
- Two-way audio is available in real-time.
- This Wi-Fi camera includes an internal microphone and speaker as well
How to choose the best outdoor security light with camera for you? Buyer’s Guide
Outdoor security lights with cameras are highly competitive. Making a purchase decision can be challenging despite having all the pertinent information. If you want to make your decision easier, take into account the following terms:
- Power Source- Security lights with cameras can be powered either by wired or wireless power sources. Warm climates are ideal for using battery-operated lights and cameras. A battery’s charge life decreases noticeably when the temperature is cold. Those living in cold climates will likely benefit most from hardwired outdoor units. Battery charging can become a tedious chore if you do it too often, and it is upsetting when your batteries run out when you need them most. So choose wisely.
- Shape and size of the Yard- All the products listed above have a varying field of view sizes, so you can see different parts of your yard from different locations. Look for a security camera with a wide field of view and detection if you have an expansive yard. At the same time, focusing on a sidewalk or driveway may be sufficient if your yard is small or narrow.
- Needs for monitoring- I have reviewed a variety of products, all of which can be used independently without a monitoring service. The only similarity between them may be their availability 24/7. Examine the differences between each company’s basic and advanced monitoring plans and choose the manufacturer’s functions and program that best meets your needs to narrow the competition.
- Compatibility- Nowadays, houses are increasingly reliant upon convenient technology. A variety of devices can be easily paired with a security camera, including Alexa, Echo, Fire TV, Google Voice, and some Schlage locks. You can find a camera and lights compatible with your existing devices when researching the right camera and lights.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Are there any outdoor security lights with cameras that you recommend?
As far as outdoor security lights with cameras are concerned, I recommend the Eufy Floodlight Cam. My choice was based on the fact that it provides all the basic needs of outdoor security cameras without costing me a fortune. Some choices go beyond basics if you are willing to spend a bit more. Your decision depends on what you need.
What factors should we consider when choosing the best outdoor security light?
To select the best outdoor security cameras with lights, you should always choose based on the following criteria: capabilities for motion detection, luminous lights, ability to withstand harsh weather conditions, long warranty period, and maintenance-free hardwired installation.
Are security lights equipped with cameras?
Yes, of course. There are several styles of security lights. There are a variety of motion-activated lighting systems, from simple light switches to computer-controlled systems. Motion-activated cameras are often integrated with motion-activated light sources to create an outdoor security light with a camera.
What is the best place to place outdoor security light?
Ideally, security lights should be installed where the most potential entry points into the home. This category includes doors, windows, and garage doors. Ideally, you should look for corner nooks where you can install security cameras and lights.
What is the ideal time for an outdoor security light to remain on?
After the motion is detected, most security lights can be programmed to remain on for a long time. The settings can be customized to last for as long as 20 minutes or more as soon as the device is activated. In many models, you can set the light to remain on continuously or when it gets dark outside. You can choose the start-up time according to your preference.
What is the reason for frequently switching on and off my outdoor security light?
The reason is that the light is activated when motion is detected near a security light. A predetermined amount of time can be programmed into the light to keep it lit. You can adjust the duration setting if your light turns on and off too frequently.
That’s all for today, folks! In my opinion, you should consider a floodlight outdoor security cam if you want to improve the security of your yard. The use of floodlight cameras effectively combines outdoor lighting with security cameras, thereby enhancing any outdoor security protocol. I recommend Arlo or Eufy, but there are other options in the market that you can consider based on your smart home needs. Also, consider the type of light, the lens angle, and the video quality when selecting the best security light with a camera. If you still have any kinds of doubts regarding outdoor security light with camera, please let us know in the comment section. Happy Buying!