Historically, windsurfing began in the 1950s. Despite its over seven decades, windsurfing is one of the most evolving water sports today. It has recently gained a new advancement with inflatable windsurfing boards. Nowadays, new participants have been encouraged into the sport by the windsurfing industry. As a result, beginner windsurfing boards have seen an enormous development in design. There was a time when beginner windsurfing boards were extremely bulky and also not stable, making them unsuitable for success. But, nowadays, windsurfing is so easy for beginners that you can do sailing within an hour of learning!
It can be confusing to decide what to buy when one goes to the market. It’s normal to feel nervous as a beginner, so you don’t have to worry. In this blog, I have compiled a list of some of the best inflatable windsurf boards available today. Detailed reviews and a purchasing guide are also included for each product. So keep scrolling!
Types of windsurf boards
Before going deep into inflatable windsurf boards, let us discuss the type of boards available today. You can choose from several types of boards depending on the type of board you’re looking for.
- The freestyle board- The best type of board for beginners is a freestyle board, which is a larger board that covers a larger surface area. Those just starting out in windsurfing are best suited for flat water windsurfing, as they can also be used in waves.
- Wave board- Due to their lightweight construction, wave boards are best suited for professionals and experts. These short, maneuverable surfboards are designed for hitting breaking waves and performing tricks.
- Paddleboards- Paddleboards utilize paddles instead of sails. You can purchase boards that are capable of doing both. A sail can be attached on windy days for windsurfing and removed on calm days for paddle boarding. You can find several boards below that can do both functions if you’re interested.
- Freeride board- These boards are lighter and thinner than the first-time boards used by beginners and are the most popular among windsurfing boards. This board is commonly used by intermediate riders and professionals who focus on control, smooth movements, and speed.
- Formula board- A formula board is best suited for professionals due to its large and flat sails, which can easily catch any wind, whether light or strong. Their shorter length also allows them to gain much greater speeds as well. Due to this, professionals or experts should use these boards when there is heavy wind.
List of 8 Best Inflatable windsurf boards in the USA:
Many options are available, so choosing one is never easy. It is impossible to count the number of models available on the market, all of which are priced differently. Moreover, it is not always the most expensive Windsurfing Boards that are the best! Here I have compiled a few Inflatable windsurf boards, which are the best in the market today.
01. Z-Ray Inflatable Windsurfing board
This windsurfing board is the ideal board to take on vacations and tours because of its portability. You can inflate the board using the included pump since it is an inflatable board. Full inflation will result in a board that measures 10 feet long, 25 inches wide, and 8 inches thick. In addition to offering improved performance and stability, it can support up to 264 pounds.
- There are ten stainless steel D-rings on it.
- It is made of 500 denier PVC with drop-stitched patented construction.
- Boards with secure valves and double fins are available.
- The handle is made of soft fabric.
- An adjustable paddle, a backpack, a board, a sail, and a frameset are all included.
- It is highly stable and portable.
- It is lightweight and saves space.
- It offers a durable and rigid design.
- It can support riders weighing up to 264 pounds.
- It is Scratch- and dent-resistant.
- A repair kit and instructions are included.
- Pumping is always required before use.
- The material is puncture-prone.
02. BIC Sport Techno Windsurfing board
It is a decent board that can be used for leisure riding and professional racing. This is a fast and easy-to-maneuver vehicle because of its lightweight and rigid construction. There is a capacity of 240 pounds in this 115-inch by 31-inch unit. The board provides comfort and safety with thick foot pads and reliable foot straps.
- It has a large volume and also has a stable outline
- It offers a smooth movement, which provides a pleasant sub-planning experience.
- It is available only in white and has excellent aesthetics.
- Sail and rig must be purchased separately.
- Foot straps are included with this product.
- It is a highly lightweight board.
- Pads are included for comfort.
- A great deal of control can be achieved with it.
- Suitable for both beginners and professionals.
- No rig or sail is included, but you can buy them separately.
03. Freein Sup Inflatable Windsurfing board
A travel-friendly, 100% inflatable windsurfing board isn’t something you find every day. No matter what water sports adventure you have planned, this Freein board is perfect for it. This board is suitable for both experienced paddlers and beginners with no prior paddling experience. The board is suitable for all surfers and can be used in soft and small waves on seas, oceans, lakes, and rivers.
- It includes a GoPro camera mount for capturing beautiful waterside memories.
- Various recreational activities can be done with it, including fishing, fitness, paddling, yoga, duck hunting, and many more.
- Foot straps and fins are included.
- A retractable daggerboard is also included.
- This product comes with a camera mount.
- It is easy to maneuver.
- The inflation time is quick.
- The application is highly user-friendly.
- The sail needs to be bought separately.
Compared to other windsurf SUPs on the list, this one is 35% lighter. It can be easily stored, rolled up, and quickly set up; it also takes less time to set up. No matter what level of experience a paddler has, they can enjoy it.
- In water, this board is highly responsive, stable, and flexible.
- The deck pads are highly rigid and include an ankle leash
- The epoxy composite construction makes it durable.
- A lightweight foot strap is also included.
- A full gearbox is included.
- It can be stored and carried easily.
- A sensitive barometer is included.
- It is quick to inflate.
- The lightweight design makes it ideal for travel.
- It’s not so user-friendly for beginners.
05. Crew Axel Inflatable Windsurf Board
Paddling on the water will be a lot of fun with this kayak because it comes with everything you need. An easy and quick repair kit and an ultra-durable leash are included. A detachable fin system at the bottom offers unbeatable stability and tracking when sailing in harsh conditions or against the wind.
- It has a 100% non-slip surface.
- The deck is highly flexible and stiff, thanks to its excellent design.
- Beginners can set up the board in 15 minutes or less, with the average inflation time under 10 minutes.
- Drop stitch technology makes it lightweight and military-grade.
- With an in-built dual-action pump, it is convenient to use.
- The fins can be quickly removed without any difficulty.
- A floating paddle is included.
- All accessories are included with this product.
- The product is very bulky.
It is a multi-purpose windsurfing board. Various types of waterways can be explored with it, including fishing, fitness, cruising, and yoga. In addition to being soft, comfortable, and subtle, this board is made with DWF drop stitching materials. Additionally, it is also pet-friendly.
- It is 6.2 feet tall and 31 inches wide for improved balance and stability
- Its triple bottom fins are faster and more stable than other models.
- An oversized carry bag makes packing this paddle board easy and allows it to be stored anywhere.
- This package includes paddles, safety leashes, pumps, and a high-quality bag for paddling.
- This board is pet-friendly.
- This product has a sturdy construction.
- It includes all the accessories, so there is no need to buy the sail separately.
- It provides a sturdy look and elegant design.
- The inflation process is simple.
- Only one person can fit on the board.
Do you want a windsurfing board that can handle everything? If yes, I’ve got you covered at LSLE Pinoor. Multiple layers of PVC construction material are used to build this durable and rigid made using proprietary machine coats. This process enhances its durability and long-lasting properties.
- Its versatility, durability, and ease of transport make it very popular
- It can be rolled into a carrying bag after using it
- All accessories, tools, and gear are held with a six-point bungee system.
- It has grip handles and a paddle holder for secure attachment to make transportation easier.
- The paddles and fins are made of fiberglass.
- Speed and stability are excellent.
- It is versatile.
- ASA/EVA material is used for construction.
- Control and maneuverability are easy.
- It is extremely expensive.
The Serene life windsurf board can easily carry two people. The board offers balance, improved stability, and good control with its deck design. Triple bottom fins provide excellent maneuverability, speed, and handling, making it suitable for kids.
- Paddling on this board will be smoother and more comfortable since it can be converted to a full-length kayak.
- The build quality is very sturdy and robust.
- A kayak seat must be purchased separately and attached using bungee laces and d-rings
- It offers CTS epoxy construction.
- A convertible board is included.
- The speed of this board is incredible.
- Glides smoothly.
- It facilitates navigation and enhances tracking.
- The price is very high.
Things to consider while purchasing a windsurfing board- Buying Guide
The following buying guide will help you choose the best Windsurfing Boards according to quality and price since hundreds of products are available in the market. This guide will help you pick the right products by considering a few essential characteristics.
- Board size- Taking a giant board to the beach can be a hassle. Nevertheless, windsurfing boards are chosen based on the intended user’s experience level. Windsurfers can be classified as beginners, intermediates, or advanced. It is best to start with a large board if you are a beginner. Beginners should always choose a large board since it will give them stability and help them to learn how to use it. However, a lighter board, such as a professional or smaller one, is often faster. The problem with them is that you must have good balance and good technique to use them.
- Board Weight- It is important to remember that windsurfing boards come in various weights according to their size and build materials. Heavy boards can provide more volume in heavy winds to counteract the wind’s effects. However, light boards are easier to control and less burdensome. Boards constructed from high-quality materials tend to be lighter and more capable of dispensing water. Therefore, choose wisely.
- User weight- The user’s weight influences buoyancy on water and stability in the wind. Weight limits for windsurfing boards vary due to their size and construction. Look at the weight limit before you decide what to buy.
- Construction- There are two types of construction – inflatable and rigid. To find the right boards, you should look for those made of excellent quality materials such as epoxy, PVC, or polymer. Rigid boards are difficult to store, bulky, and inconvenient to travel with. Furthermore, inflatable boards can be folded and stored easily, so they are ideal for travel.
- Sails- Three materials can be used to make a sail, monofilm, dacron, and mylar. Dacron is lighter and cheaper than monofilm, but the best is monofilm. As sails grow larger, their control decreases and vice versa. Most sails range in size from 3 to 12.5″ square. The larger the sail, the faster you can go.
- Features and Design- The deck of each board offers a different level of comfort. To improve your board’s stability, you may want to look for products with daggerboards. The daggerboards are even retractable, which reduces turbulence and allows for high speeds and smoother rides.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is windsurfing more difficult than surfing?
It is entirely dependent on your experience. Despite this, windsurfers reviewed windsurfing as a more accessible activity than normal surfing.
Which size should I purchase for the windsurfing board?
To find out what windsurfing board fits you best, you should compare your weight with the board’s size. You should have at least one liter of space per kilogram of your weight on your board.
What is the maximum speed of windsurfers?
It has been recorded that windsurfers can reach speeds of nearly 110 km per hour. Nevertheless, the average speed is considerably lower. When the winds are calm and good, advanced and intermediate windsurfers, usually average 30 miles per hour, rarely going faster than 35 miles per hour.
What Are the Materials Used in Windsurf Boards?
Expanded Polystyrene foam, Carbon Sandwich, PVC, and Fiberglass are all popular materials for making windsurf boards. Windsurfers who are experienced prefer the carbon sandwich as it is the lightest.
What is the required amount of wind to windsurf?
It depends on the size and weight of the sail, the board, and the amount of wind you need. The average speed for a beginner should be below 20mph. Windsurfers who are skilled can reach speeds of 40mph and higher.
Besides your skills, your board choice affects your performance and satisfaction while windsurfing. With this information, you can now decide which windsurfing board best fits your needs. According to my research, the Z-Ray Inflatable SUP is the best overall windsurfing board. So, that’s all for today. Use this helpful guide to choose your perfect WindSUP board if you’re looking for the right windsurfing board or paddleboard! Happy windsurfing!