When shopping for a hot tub, the climate is rarely the first thing on the list of considerations. It doesn’t matter what climate you live in; you can enjoy the benefits of a hot tub. Choose an outdoor hot tub with various features if you want the best hot tub for cold climate.
List of the best hot tub for cold climate:
Following is the list of the best hot tub for cold climate
- Filtration and pumping are
good in the hot tub.
- Materials are of high quality
- The heating system is efficient,
so it costs less to operate
- The design is quite elegant.
- Upfront costs are high.
It is an excellent hot tub for those in colder regions. This hot tub is designed by a world-renowned hot tub manufacturer. The 7-person seating arrangement offers massage jets customized to each person’s needs, and the hot tub provides the best of both worlds.
- The ozone generator and superfine filter ensure that the water is as clean as possible.
- This tub offers exceptional comfort thanks to its durable consoles.
- The cover is also made of heavy-duty thermal material.
- The UV-resistant polymer material is used in its construction.
- The price is very reasonable.
- The jets are relaxing and
- It’s perfect for the outdoors.
- It consumes little energy.
- In terms of customer service,
the company needs to
In addition to its stylish design, this spa is also equipped with a few latest technologies so that you can enjoy the ultimate spa experience. A 7-foot bench inside this sizeable hot tub facilitates six people’s seating.
- The jets are made of stainless steel and come in a two-tone design.
- Lounger and 2Captain’s chairs are included in the seating capacity of 5-6.
- A sound system with Bluetooth is provided.
- Stainless steel Balboa heater with a 4kW power output.
- Five to six people can
comfortably fit in the space.
- A cover with insulation is
- Construction made from
granite resin rotationally
- A heater and pump with high efficiency are provided.
- The interior is fully insulated.
- The hot tub cover doesn’t
The Coleman SaluSpa Inflatable Hot Tub is the third hot tub on our list. If you are unfamiliar with Coleman, they are one of the world’s unique and popular brands of hot tubs today. It is one of the most popular companies among those who enjoy hot tubs and jacuzzis.
- A digital control panel allows automatic control of the heating system.
- Superior materials ensure reliability and durability.
- The sturdy beam reinforcement prevents walls from bending or buckling.
- Featuring a cushioned air pad floor that minimizes heat loss.
- The capacity is for 4 people.
- It is extremely easy to
- It is easily portable.
- The pump is controlled by a
- It offers an inflatable cover.
- The durability of the product is
This is another popular product from the Essential brand. There are 24 jets in this Essential Hot Tub, and it can accommodate up to 6 people. This hot tub offers full hydrotherapy benefits as well as a relaxing massage. If you want a deep relaxing heat therapy massage, you can program the 24 jets accordingly.
- It is suitable for cold weather due to its plug-and-play design.
- Water stays warm for a very long time because of the robust stainless steel Balboa heater.
- Any standard outlet can be used to plug in the hot tub.
- It has a 250-gallon water capacity, so be sure to get immense hydrotherapy benefits from this hot tub.
- It is constructed using
- The three-ply laminate
material offers puncture resistance.
- The price is excellent.
- It is easy to set up the hot tub.
- It is a bit bulky.
This hot tub might be a good choice if you want to combat the cold weather. The tub is inflatable and portable. The product can be carried anywhere and stored once you’re done with it.
- The hot tub has a soft-touch control panel for the digital pump.
- A convenient handle on each side of the tub makes moving the tub much more manageable.
- Four people can fit in the tub.
- There is a convenient drain valve and a cushioned floor.
- Two easy-to-replace filter cartridges make this hot tub easy to maintain.
- Heat retention is maximized
with an insulated construction.
- Features rotating back jets
- Water can be aerated by using
the air dial.
- Bathing in hot water is enhanced
by underwater lights.
- High-quality jets are included.
- There are usually a few
degree fluctuations in
In this model, 140 powerful jets generate the perfect amount of warm-temperature water for six people in 290 gallons. The hot tub is rated among the best hot tub brands on Amazon due to its unique features, such as an easy-to-follow instruction manual, easy assembly, and durability due to the three-ply laminated walls.
- To remove dirty particles from the tub, two filter cartridges are included, which are simple and easy to replace.
- A temperature-adjustable heating system provides utter relaxation.
- A maximum of 6 people can sit.
- Easy-to-replace filter cartridges are included for simple maintenance.
- There are 140 jets of high-pressure bubbles.
- Easily affordable.
- It is straightforward to
- Controlled by an automatic thermostat.
- The floor has an air pad
Durability and strength are great.
- If the top cover is removed, the unit will not heat
In this hot tub, bubbles are released from the hot tub bottom, helping to relax the body and soothe the mind. It is also a popular product available in the market today and on Amazon. This water heater has a capacity of about 297 gallons, can accommodate five to seven people, is easy to maintain, and uses a power-saving timer.
- This brand automatically turns on the heater when the spa gets frozen.
- A locking spa cover is also included with the tub.
- The water temperature can be adjusted.
- Any standard outlet can be used to plug in the hot tub.
- The machine is perfect for deep-tissue massages or relaxing massages.
- The hot tub maintains a comfortable temperature.
- A powerful jet system is
included in the hot tub.
- The durability of the
product is excellent.
- Drinks can be stored in the
built-in cooler in the hot tub.
- There is a problem draining
the hot tub completely.
- Noisy pump.
A stainless steel Balboa heater with 1kW is included with the hot tub, making it ideal for cold climates. While the hot tub is not in use, a tapered insulated cover prevents heat loss. Hot tub seating provides maximum comfort, and the loungers and chairs can accommodate three or four people.
- Drop-stitch material offers an ultra-rigid exterior.
- Strength and durability are enhanced by the reinforced outer layer.
- The rapid heating system and 110 air jets provide comfortable relaxation.
- The user-friendly control panel is digitally controlled and offers a soft-touch feel.
- Antibacterial filters are also included.
Things to consider while purchasing best hot tub for cold climate: Buyers Guide
Inflatable hot tubs can be used in winter if you follow a few precautions. Choosing the right inflatable hot tub for winter begins with understanding the features you should consider before purchasing. So keep reading.
01. Water heating capability
The ability to heat water is the most important feature to look for when buying an inflatable spa for cold weather. Spa heat pumps directly influence this performance metric. Quantifiable performance metrics should be listed on all inflatable hot tubs. When shopping, keep an eye out for those. Purchasing a spa without this information is not recommended.
02. The flow rate of the pump
The flow rate of the heat pump is the first thing you should look for. The amount of water that can be processed by the pump in a certain period is a necessary measurement. 320 gallons per hour or higher is the recommended rating for a pump. With its high per-hour capacity heat pump, the Intex PureSpa is one example. How powerful your pump is can be determined by its flow rate. So choose accordingly.
03. Power Rate
Power rate is another metric to consider. Pumps can transfer heat to water by putting energy into them. You should look for a pump with a power of 1300W or more if the pump is measured in Watts. It is possible to calculate Watts by multiplying (Amps x Volts) if Watts is not listed. If the sum of these is greater than 1300W, you can look at the benchmark value.
04. Insulation of the tub
The bathtub’s insulation is another feature you should consider besides the pump. Due to their lack of insulation, inflatable spas are harder to insulate. You should first check whether the tub includes a ground mat. You can prevent slipping by adding a small barrier to the tub’s floor. Setting the tub on the ground is not as secure as setting it on a sturdy deck.
05. Cover for tubs
The next step is to look at the tub cover. It is usually necessary to ensure that an inflatable seals tightly. I recommend purchasing a floating blanket that provides additional insulation underneath the cover. This small investment pays itself off quickly in terms of saving money on energy bills. The tub’s inflated walls provide the most insulation. It is best to use thick, three-ply material for the walls. The walls of a building are more insulated when they are sturdy.
06. Needs for personal health
If you or a family member require a hot tub, you should consider their health needs when choosing one. If your back or neck injury requires treatment, select a spa with specially placed jets or one that allows therapeutic exercise.
What to do and what not to do when winter hot tubbing?
There are a few things to always keep in mind when using hot tubs in winter to keep yourself safe:
01. Make sure your head is protected
The hot tub is a great place to relax while regulating your body temperature. Therefore, when you are inside, it is advised to wear a hat.
02. Keep Your Feet Covered
Make sure you wear shoes when entering and exiting your hot tub to avoid dirt, crumbs, and leaves in hot tubs.
03. Waterfall valves should be opened
Water supply lines to the waterfalls may freeze during the winter. The problem is commonly caused by closed lines that prevent water from flowing freely. When using the hot tub, ensure that the waterfall valves and jets are open. Flowing heated water through the pipes will be made possible by this action.
04. Cover care
When the hot tub is not in use, the cover should always be locked so that heat can’t escape. Ensure the cover is never exposed to snow or rain for long periods. Your cover might cave in if debris is on it, so clear it frequently. Never use a shovel when removing snow from the cover because it may damage it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Using an inflatable hot tub in winter has been proven possible through testing. It’s great because inflatable hot tubs offer several health benefits. It is important to select a hot tub pump that can maintain a maximum water temperature in the event of ambient air temperatures below freezing. Many features are important to consider when searching for a hot tub that can withstand cold climates. Be sure to use high-quality construction materials, efficient plumbing, and energy-efficient materials. That’s all for today. I am sure you will find the perfect hot tub for cold weather if you choose one of our recommended hot tub models above.